Turn Back, Short film
My senior thesis film, created at School of Visual Arts over the course of about 7 months (after a year of preproduction). The film is a dramatic look at the process of an abandoned city being reclaimed by nature, presented in a reverse time-lapse.
2015 CG Reel
This environment reel showcases shots from four projects: my senior thesis film "Turn Back", a NYC subway station game environment, an indie game I collaborated on called "Delicate Thread
", and a sci-fi cavern game environment. Turn Back was created in Maya, rendered with Mental Ray and composited with After Effects. The game environment assets were created using Maya and Mudbox and assembled in Unity.
"turn back" thesis film - stills
"Turn Back" Thesis Bible PDF also available here (22 MB)
- shows the full in-depth process of the making of my thesis film.
"NY Noire" subway station game environment - concepts & stills
SciFi Cavern game environment - concepts & stills
To work in the CG industry as an environment artist
, modeling/sculpting and texturing props, environments, and other non-character assets.
School of Visual Arts
, New York, NY - Class of 2013
BFA Computer Art, Computer Animation and Visual Effects
3.64 cumulative GPA; Graduated with honors
Dean's List 6 of 8 semesters
3D Art Intern, Mar 2014 - May 2014
- Modeling, sculpting and some texturing for full environment set and props for in-house project
- Modeling, set dressing, matte painting for commercial client work.
CG Artist, July 2013 - Present
Motion Capture NYC
- Working with independent filmmaker on live-action short film:
- fully textured, lit and rendered a CG set extension for 17 shots
- created background matte paintings for 20 shots.
Motion Graphics Artist, June 2011 - Sep 2011
- Created motion graphics animations for clients from start to finish (storyboarding, animatics, final product)
- assisted in other company productions
- Turn Back, SVA senior thesis film:
- 2014 Cannes Film Festival, Short Film Corner
- 2013 SIGGRAPH MetroCAF screening
- 2013 SVA Computer Art Chair's Selection
- Finalist - CG Student Awards 2013 Student of the Year, Next-Gen Gaming category
3D / CG
- Proficient: modeling (high/low-poly), model sculpting, texturing, UV mapping, normal/displacement mapping
- Experience: lighting, animation, rendering, rigging, dynamics
- Proficient: animation/motion graphics, typography, compositing, rotoscoping
- Experience: matte painting, motion tracking, color correction/grading
- After Effects
- Final Cut